The AHSC AFP Innovation Fund competition is a collaboration between the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Ontario Medical Association (OMA). It provides short-term (one or two-year) seed funding to support innovative projects that will transform healthcare delivery in Ontario.
The AHSC AFP Innovation Fund competition supports projects up to $150,000 per application this year.
According to the AHSC AFP Innovation Fund Framework and Guidelines, projects are particularly innovative if they:
- Have a definite potential to impact healthcare delivery
- Are implementable and contain realistic goals
- Have clear, measurable metrics for success
- Offer opportunities to translate new knowledge into medical practice
- Are transferable to other institutions or regions or the province
NEW: If you plan to apply for this year’s SEAMO Innovation Fund competition, you must submit an initial statement of intent that provides a very brief description including:
- Name of primary applicant
- Title of project
- Focus of the proposed innovation for care delivery (one or two sentences)
This statement of intent should be emailed to email@example.com by midnight on Fri. Sept. 22, 2023. The full application is due October 10, 2023.