The AHSC AFP Innovation Fund competition is a collaboration between the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) and the Ontario Medical Association (OMA). It provides short-term (one or two-year) seed funding to support innovative projects that will transform health care delivery in Ontario.
A total of $650,000 was dedicated to the Innovation Fund competition, which is in its tenth year. Of the approximately 30 applications SEAMO receives annually, an average of eight projects are funded.
According to the AHSC AFP Innovation Fund Framework and Guidelines, projects are particularly innovative if they:
- Have a definite potential to impact health care delivery
- Are implementable and contains realistic goals
- Have clear, measurable metrics for success
- Offer opportunities to translate new knowledge into medical practice
- Are transferable to other institutions, or regions, or the province
- Oct. 12, 2018 (4pm) - Statement of Intent - Please send to SEAMO office.
- Nov. 19, 2018 (4pm) - Full Proposal Deadline
- Jan. 2019 - Notification of applicants
- Apr. 7, 2019 - Release of funding for approved projects
For more information, visit www.ifpoc.org/
Clinical Research Fellowship Program (CRFP)
Applications are being solicited for the SEAMO Clinical Research Fellowship Program (CRFP) award competition.
The CRFP supports the establishment of new clinical research fellow positions by providing compensation funding to departments. CRFP awardees must devote at least 80% of their time to research and must be supervised, or co-supervised, by a SEAMO physician.
The Clinician Scientist Program Committee (CSPC), an advisory sub-committee of the SEAMO Strategic Priorities and Recruitment Committee (SPRC), will manage the CRFP application and review process and make recommendations to the SPRC regarding candidate funding. Departments make applications for awards on behalf of candidates who they have identified.
Medical Education Development Program (MEDP)
SEAMO-funded physicians interested in the opportunity to develop, upgrade or enhance their skills in medical education, or medical education scholarship and research, are invited to apply for the Medical Education Development Program (MEDP).
The MEDP supports SEAMO’s objective of building an academy of physician educational leaders and scholars with a critical mass sufficient to enable the continuous implementation of best principles and leading practices in medical education. In 2019, $284,000 is being dedicated to the MEDP.
All SEAMO-funded physicians are encouraged to apply for the program, which provides grants of up to $50,000, over a five-year period, for initiatives such as:
- An advanced degree in Medical Education
- A short-term sabbatical to train with internationally recognized experts
- A training program (e.g. Harvard Macy)
- A medical education leadership program (e.g. CLIME)
Please note, the program does not fund attendance at educational meetings (e.g. AAMC, CCME, etc.) or School of Medicine faculty development workshops.
Past successful applicants have received funding to participate in the Program for Educators in Health Professions, to attend the Canadian Leadership Institute for Medical Education (CLIME) and to enroll in Masters of Education/Medical Education programs.
The next round of applications for the MEDP will be accepted until April 30, 2019. For more information on the program, including rules and evaluation criteria, click here. Download an application and budget.