SEAMO-funded physicians interested in the opportunity to develop, upgrade or enhance their skills in medical education, or medical education scholarship and research, are invited to apply for the Medical Education Development Program (MEDP).
The MEDP supports SEAMO’s objective of building an academy of physicians who are educational leaders and scholars with a critical mass sufficient to enable the continuous implementation of best principles and leading practices in medical education.
All SEAMO-funded physicians are encouraged to apply for the program, which provides grants of up to $50,000, over a five-year period, for initiatives such as:
- An advanced degree in Medical Education
- A short-term sabbatical to train with internationally recognized experts
- A training program (e.g. Harvard Macy)
- A medical education leadership program (e.g. CLIME)
Please note, the program does not fund attendance at educational meetings (e.g. AAMC, CCME, etc.) or School of Medicine faculty development workshops.
Past successful applicants have received funding to participate in the Program for Educators in Health Professions, to attend the Canadian Leadership Institute for Medical Education (CLIME) and to enroll in Masters of Education/Medical Education programs.
For more information on the program, see the terms of reference.
Applications for funding will be made by Departments on behalf of individual candidates. The application should be composed of four parts, including:
- Departmental commitment form
- Candidate’s proposal (please see call for applications link above for rules and evaluation criteria)
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae
Check out a full list of previous winners of the MEDP funding and where the funding was used.