The Medical Education Development Program (MEDP) supports SEAMO’s objective to build an academy of SEAMO physician educational leaders and scholars with a critical mass sufficient to enable the continuous implementation of best principles and leading practices in medical education.
In 2018, SEAMO received eleven (11) requests in which eight (8) were recommended for funding by the Medical Education Program Committee (MEPC). Approximately $110 thousand dollars will be provided to the successful applicants to help further their medical education.
- Dr. Suzanne Bridge - Advancing Safety for Patients in Residency Education (ASPIRE)
- Dr. Stephen Gauthier - University of Illinois Masters of Health Professions Education
- Dr. Maria Hussain - Advancing Safety for Patients in Residency Education (ASPIRE)
- Dr. Mila Kolar - Canadian Leadership Institute in Medical Education (CLIME)
- Dr. Peter MacPherson - Canadian Leadership Institute in Medical Education (CLIME)
- Dr. Stephen Mann - Canadian Leadership Institute in Medical Education (CLIME)
- Dr. Naji Touma - Harvard Program for Educators
- Dr. Jessica Trier - Harvard Program for Educators
SEAMO-funded physicians are encouraged to apply for the MEDP, which provides grants of up to $50,000, over a five-year period, for initiatives such as:
- An advanced degree in Medical Education
- A short-term sabbatical to train with internationally recognized experts
- A training program (e.g. Harvard Macy)
- A medical education leadership program (e.g. CLIME)
Interested in applying? The spring application deadline is April 30, 2019.