The Medical Education Development Program (MEDP) supports SEAMO’s objective to build an academy of SEAMO physician educational leaders and scholars with a critical mass sufficient to enable the continuous implementation of best principles and leading practices in medical education.
This Spring, SEAMO received four requests in which all four were recommended for funding by the Medical Education Program Committee (MEPC). Approximately $55 thousand dollars will be provided to the successful applicants to help further their medical education.
- Andrea Guerin – Department of Pediatrics – Two Online Master of Education Courses at University of Ottawa
- Nicole Rocca – Department of Emergency Medicine – Harvard Macy Simulation Instructor Course
- Laura Marcotte – Department of Medicine - CLIME
- Leah Nemiroff – Department of Medicine – Master of Education at the University of Dundee
SEAMO-funded physicians are encouraged to apply for the MEDP, which provides grants of up to $50,000, over a five-year period, for initiatives such as:
- An advanced degree in Medical Education
- A short-term sabbatical to train with internationally recognized experts
- A training program (e.g. Harvard Macy)
- A medical education leadership program (e.g. CLIME)
Interested in applying? The fall application deadline is October 31, 2019.
Learn more about the SEAMO Medical Education Development Program.