Applications are now being accepted for the fall term of the MEDP. The deadline is 4 p.m. on Friday, October 30, 2020. Please send applications to LeeAnne Howland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part of SEAMO’s vision is to foster excellence in research and education and facilitate the transformation of academic medicine. All SEAMO-funded physicians are encouraged to apply for the program’s funding to further their medical educational pursuits.
As part of the MEDP, physicians will receive grants of up to $50,000 over a five-year period, for initiatives such as:
- An advanced degree in medical education
- A short-term sabbatical to train with internationally recognized experts
- A training program (e.g. Harvard Macy)
- A medical education leadership program (e.g. CLIME)
Please note: the program does not fund School of Medicine faculty development workshops or attendance at educational meetings (e.g. AAMC, CCME, etc.).
Past MEDP grant recipients have used their funding to:
- Participate in the Program for Educators in Health Professions
- Attend the Canadian Leadership Institute for Medical Education (CLIME)
- Enrol in Masters of Education or Medical Education Programs
For further details about the MEDP and to download an application, please visit our website.