We are pleased to share upcoming improvements to regionalization and workflow of the Ontario eConsult Service, which will be available on November 1st, 2019.
Making access to specialists in your region easier
- Improving access to specialists is what the Ontario eConsult Service is all about. When selecting Priority Regions, you’ll choose the regions that mirror your typical referral pathways.
- When using the BASE™ Managed Specialty option, your eConsult will be directed to specialty groups in your selected regions when available.
- Where there is no specialty coverage in your region, your eConsults will be submitted to the Provincial BASE™ Managed Groups.
Improving efficiency and functionality
This enhancement will also include:
- Case Assignment Automation: enabling your questions to be seen by specialists and ensuring responses are completed in a timely manner.
- Automated case assignment will begin on Tuesday, November 5th for the South East Region.
- Improved Functionality and Ease of Access to eConsult Settings: access to your eConsult settings will now be conveniently located in your eConsult dashboard.
Have questions? Want more information? Join our webinar to see a demonstration of the updated platform and ask any questions related to the new features.
If you have any questions or would like more information on the upcoming release, please contact OTN’s Customer Care team by phone at 1-855-654-0888 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any general questions about the Ontario eConsult Service, please contact the Ontario eConsult Centre of Excellence at eConsultCOE@toh.ca, or for more information visit www.eConsultOntario.ca.
The Ontario eConsult Service is a secure, web-based tool that allows primary care providers timely access to specialist advice, often eliminating the need for an in-person specialist visit. You can send an eConsult today at OTNhub.ca.