The third and last COVID-19 Advance Payment will be provided by the Ministry of Health (MOH) in July 2020. You can see the full background on the program here.
Details of the COVID-19 Advance Payment monthly amount are found in physician’s Remittance Advice (RA). A physician can get access to their RA one of two ways:
- Call Service Contact Support for assistance to decipher the data. (1-800-262-6524)
- Access your own McEDT account
- Go to: https://www.edt.health.gov.on.ca
- At the GO Secure Login Screen, key in Email address and password and select the “Sign In” button.
Physicians are able to add SEAMO as a designee to their McEDT account, which will provide the SEAMO office with access to information regarding the COVID-19 Advance Payment.
Opt-out / Returning of monies:
While physicians can no longer opt-out of the July Payment, you are still able to return Advance Payments to the MOH
Returning Advance Payments:
- Make cheques payable to the Minister of Finance
- Submit cheque(s) to:
Ministry of Health, Financial Management Branch
49 Place d’Armes, 3rd Floor Kingston, ON K7L5J3
Include cover letter with the following information:
- Full Name
- OHIP Billing Number
- Indicate cheque is for repayment of COVID-19 Advance Payment Program
- Specify the month of the Advance Payment
IMPORTANT – check with your department:
Please check with your Department regarding the management of Advance Payments. Each practice plan is developing their own rules regarding these monies.
SEAMO is working hard to better understand the Program and how it will affect both our SEAMO-funded and fee-for-service physicians. If you require additional information regarding the COVID-19 Advance Payment Program, please reach out to us. We are here to help.