The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) and the Ministry of Health (MOH) entered into a Binding Arbitration Framework in June 2018 to resolve outstanding issues regarding the Physician Services Agreement (PSA). The Binding Arbitration Settlement was announced in February 2019, highlights are provided below:
- Term: April 01, 2017 to March 30, 2021
- One-time funding adjustments for 2017, 2018 and 2019. SEAMO received:
- 2017 = $717,155
- 2018 = 1,730,191
- 2019 = expected January 2021
- Base funding adjustment for 2020
- SEAMO awaiting details for the MOH
At their June 2020 meeting, SEAMO’s Governing Committee reviewed several options to distribute the one-time funding brought forward by the Resources Committee. After much deliberation, Governors decided the funds would be distributed to SEAMO-funded Departments as follows:
- 50% of the funding based on MOH methodology to address relativity issues
- 50% of the funding linked to gap to marketplace
SEAMO will distribute the 2017 and 2018 one-time funding to Departments by July 31, 2020. One-time funding for 2019 is expected in January 2021 and will be shared with Departments immediately. Please reach out to your Department Head to learn how the one-time funding will be distributed in your department.
The Resources Committee has been tasked with developing recommendations for the distribution of the 2020 base funding adjustment and will bring forward options for consideration to the Governing Committee in Fall 2020. Updates will be provided as new information becomes available.