Queen's medical students are offering their support to our physicians during this difficult time. They are offering services such as childcare, pickups/drop-offs, errands, etc.
You can sign up using the Online Staff Form and they will do their best to connect you with an available student in a timely manner. Please note: while this initiative is organized by Queen's medical students, it is NOT officially affiliated with Queen's University.
The current policies for medical students are the following:
- This is not officially affiliated with Queen's Medicine and is completely student-run
- Clerks are unable to volunteer until 14 days have passed since their last day of clinical duties in order to minimize the risk of inadvertent transmission
- Students who have travelled outside of Canada or have been in close contact with travellers from outside of Canada will refrain from volunteering
- Each student will only volunteer with one family to minimize the risk of transmission
- Only students with childcare experience will volunteer to provide childcare
Thank you to our students for banning together to help our physicians during this challenging time. We appreciate your devotion to the healthcare community.