Congratulations to the 2020 SEAMO Endowed Education and Scholarship Fund award winners! These 7 unique projects aim to transform healthcare delivery in Ontario in several domains.
- Dr. Ramana Appireddy, Department of Medicine - Telemedicine and medical education: A systematic review
- Dr. Eric Bruder, Department of Emergency Medicine – Identifying resuscitation expertise using the Galvanic Skin Response: A replication and validation of newly discovered physician resuscitation expertise
- Dr. Faizal Haji, Department of Surgery – Factors affecting residents’ engagement in research: an institutional survey of Queen’s University postgraduate trainees
- Dr. Mala Joneja, Department of Medicine - Exploring successful strategies for teaching and learning in the Queen’s School of Medicine during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dr. Steven Mann, Department of Surgery - Leveraging the power of multisource feedback to improve team dynamics in the operating room
- Dr. Glenio Mizubiti, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine - Development and validation of competency-based assessment tools for point of care ultrasound (POCUS) in perioperative anesthesia
- Dr. Louise Rang, Department of Emergency Medicine - Evaluating the efficacy of a resident wellness program in Emergency Medicine
The SEAMO Endowed Scholarship and Education Fund supports projects intended to add value to the continuum of medical education offered through Queen’s School of Medicine (e.g. undergraduate medical education, postgraduate training programs and/or continuing professional development). This year we are investing $100,000 in our SEAMO-funded physicians to support these important projects
Selection is based on the clarity of the proposal, its relevance to the purpose of the SEAMO Endowed Scholarship and Education Fund and the extent to which the project contributes to building knowledge in the field of educational scholarship.
Want to learn more about the SEAMO Endowed Scholarship and Education Fund? Check out our partner’s website for additional information and to download the proposal form.