Improvements to the Ontario eConsult Service became available on November 1st, 2019.
Improving efficiency and functionality
- Ease of Access: Access to your eConsult settings will now be conveniently located right in your eConsult dashboard – e.g. your availability
- Note: We are able to set some of your preferences on your behalf. Let us know how we can assist you.
- Improved Functionality: You will now be able to set the preferred number of cases you'd like to receive each week.
- Case Assignment Automation: Enabling quicker assignment of eConsults
- Automation will still respect the preferences of specialists.
- Automated case assignment will begin on Tuesday, November 5th for the South East Region.
Accessing Other Specialists in Your Region and Across the Province
- If you have a patient-specific question for another specialist, you can send an eConsult by clicking on “Request Consult” from your eConsult dashboard.
- Then, choose either Direct to Specialist or BASE™ Managed Specialty option.
- When sending an eConsult using the BASE™ Managed Specialty option, you will be able to prioritize your local specialty groups for each eConsult. Where there is no specialty coverage in your region, your eConsults will be submitted to the Provincial BASE™ Managed Groups.
Have questions? Need more information? Join our webinar to see a demonstration of the updated platform:
If you need more information on the eConsult upgrade, please contact the OTN Customer Care team at 1-855-654-0888 or email email@example.com.
For general questions about the Ontario eConsult Service, please contact eConsultCOE@toh.ca, or visit www.eConsultOntario.ca.
For assistance in setting preferences, please contact the SEAMO office at 613-533-6000 ext. 74214 or firstname.lastname@example.org