At the January 20th meeting, SEAMO Governors approved the new Accountability Framework as well as the process and timeline for implementation. The Accountability Committee plays a pivotal role in the new process, negotiating agreements, monitoring performance and reporting to the Governing Committee regarding any issues or concerns.
Members of the skills-based Accountability Committee must have demonstrated knowledge of and extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: patient care, hospital and/or departmental administration, medical education and/or research.
The Committee is made up of eight (8) voting members, which includes:
- Vice Dean, Clinical (Chair)
- Vice Dean, Education
- Vice Dean, Research
- Member of the Governing Committee
- Four (4) members-at-large who are physicians:
- One with recognized expertise in Departmental Administration
- One with recognized expertise in Hospital Administration
- One with recognized expertise in Medical Education
- One with recognized expertise in Research
Interested in serving on the Accountability Committee as one of the members-at-large? Please submit your application to the Nominations Committee courtesy of firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 pm on Thursday, February 13th and be sure to include:
- A cover letter expressing your interest in serving on the Accountability Committee and outlining your qualifications and relevant expertise. Also, please specify the position or positions you are applying for (e.g. recognized expertise in Medical Education)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please reach out to Danielle Claus, SEAMO’s Executive Director, if questions, require clarification or need additional information. Details regarding the new Accountability Framework and Committee Terms of Reference can be found on our Member Dashboard.
IMPORTANT: The Accountability Committee has full-day meetings scheduled on March 30th and April 6th and committee members must be able to attend.